Learning is always a mechanism beyond our control and wrapped up in the world we create and the connections we create. There are immediate learnings, but we can gain lot of skill and knowledge when experienced repeatedly. According to Leonardo da Vinci learning never exhausts the mind.
Some people think it is too late to learn, but it is never too late. You will face some difficulties at age from about 50 to above. But your brain has an amazing ability to learn and many new skills regardless of your age.
Most people find that retirement is the happiest and best time of life because it gives the unlimited time that they want. During this time, it is very easy to stay away, play with grandchildren, go to bed late, watch TV, listening to songs. These activities can keep you busy but not give you a feeling of fulfillment. Anyone can do activities like learning a new language, playing musical instruments, starting a new business or doing meaningful work that contributes to society that will add value to your life.
Also, there are many courses available today to choose from based on one’s interest and inclination. Online courses becoming more and more popular. These courses are a good choice for adult learning. These are easy to understand, user friendly, flexible and well structured. Professionally made videos will give you the closest class effect. You do not need specific computer skills to do these courses. Can use your desktop, laptop, tablet or even your mobile phones. Also, if you want to record you can record it by yourself or in some courses, they upload their recordings, so it more important. You can listen to those in any time. You can do these courses by sitting at your home or anywhere that you feel convenience.
Do you know that the ability to do basic arithmetic peaks at age 50, peak ability to learn and understand new information also occurs around age 50, peak vocabulary skills happen around age 67. Age is just numbers. It does not lay down limits on what you can and what you cannot.
You think that you are too old to learn? If you feel like that way, look at following facts
• Priscilla Sitienei is 90-year-old Kenyan women that fulfilling her education dream. She wants to learn and she proves that age is not a problem to learn.
• Do you know about the world oldest marathon runner, Fauja Singh? Actually, he began running seriously at the age of 89.
• Grandma Moses was renowned 20th-century American folk artist. She started painting at the age of 78 and is often cited as an example of someone who started a career in art in old age or at an advanced age.
• Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) was started by a man named Harland Saunders, who made simple local dishes at a gas station across the street. Harland Sanders was 65 years old when he doing all these.
• Socrates started music on his 60s. He understood that he is never too old to learn understood he could still learn and started on music in his 60s.
It’s never too late to learn something new and you are never too old to do it. Everyone has dreams in life, but not everyone can live their dreams due to various pressures and adverse conditions. You may not receive the course you like as a student or you may not have a choice of profession or activities that you like in your working life. You are never too old to learn. At no time ever say, “it is too late to learn,” until the day you die. However, no matter what age you are, you will always have time in this life to make some of your unfulfilled dreams come true. Sometimes we are unable to be happy in the moment because of these unfulfilled dreams. It’s never too late to chase your wishes, there’s no time to get started like the present. Now is the best time to act, not the future. You are never old enough to set new goals. You should learn lessons from past and make your dreams come true. Remember to focus on the present and focus on the future. Set goals or dream a new dream.